Signs that it is your current employment making you unhappy could include:
* no interest in doing any professional development in the same area of work
* no interest in promotion opportunities or limited opportunities for promotion
* wanting a change of lifestyle (possibly more money or less pressure)
* wanting more or less responsibility
* unreasonable workloads and working too many hours
* lack of flexibility in hours
* too much or too little travel
* no access to training or professional development
* wanting to improve your pay or work conditions.
Other work-related indications that you may need to consider making a career change could be:
* feeling bored
* wondering where the challenge has gone
* feeling unappreciated and having a sense of being stuck with no way out
* feeling unwell too often
* a feeling that the real you exists only outside work
* doubting your earlier career choices
* not being able to express your values and beliefs
* dreading having to go to work in the morning.
On a positive note, you may be feeling a sense of accomplishment and completion with your circumstances, and ready for a new challenge or looking forward to changes in the near future.