Yes, as the title of this entry explains so economically, I have managed to get my guestbook to finally display properly. I think it may have had something to do with a broken link from one of the various porno messages left by some well-meaning individual. I think it’s all sorted out now. So that’s nice.
I have a terrible sinus headache today. Up in the general forehead area, as well as the soft fleshy palate area. If I press on it from time to time it feels better, and then worse. Also sneezing and runny nose. If I didn’t know better, I’d think I had a cold. It’s just bad allergies. I’ll be better tomorrow. Fucking allergies!!
I’ve been listening to Mr. Bungle’s “California” all day long. It really does take me back to those days in my little bedsit in Dublin. It’s like one of those movies you can just watch over and over again without getting sick of it. Dare I describe it as a classic? I always find myself giggling over something or other, whether it’s a lyric or strange instrument or some very odd vocal.
And now, because my headache is threatening to overwhelm me, I am resorting to an old set of Friday Five questions that struck me as something I could try and answer for the next half hour or so left of work today:
1. List five things you’d like to accomplish by the end of the year:This is actually quite tricky, as there are only 21 days left of the year. If I only had 21 days left to live (for some reason that question seems easier), I would want to 1) see all my family and tell them I love them, 2)write some quick “my life as it was” so at least there’d be something left of me afterwards, 3) go back to the states to visit the place of my birth, 4) go to iceland (it’d be quite cold there now, and they’d be having those 22-hour nights that I’m fascinated by) and 5)write my will, I guess!! As it is, I’ll probably just manage to do #1 before the end of the year.
2. List five people you’ve lost contact with that you’d like to hear from again: 1)Jim Simpson – he was such a damn good letter writer. Not the best flatmate, but a damn good person to write to. 2) Casey – I don’t even remember his last name! Someone I was friends with in kindegarten and then he moved to Arizona. I don’t remember much of him, but I have a letter he sent me after he moved. There is a picture of him standing next to an empty swimming pool. I wish I knew what happened to him. 3)Kelly Howsley – how did we lose contact? I don’t know how it happened but I wish I knew where she was! 4) Misty Mahuika – same for Misty! She came and visited me in NZ but moved so many times I have no idea where she wound up. In Las Vegas somewhere I think, at medical school! 5)Kira Person. I wonder what she wound up doing??
3. List five things you’d like to learn how to do: 1) make furniture (tables, etc.) 2) clay target shooting, 3) leather working – like sandals, etc., 3) read ancient greek, 4) proper jazz improv on piano and 5) re-learn my way around a darkroom (haven’t worked in a darkroom since I was 13!)
4. List five things you’d do if you won the lottery (no limit): Rather boring things, really. 1) retire!!! 2) buy a little cottage somewhere nice and warm and leafy, with a huge garden, 3) buy an apine hut somewhere nice and cold and frosty, near a huge mountain with good skiing, 4) get one of those philanthropic-type jobs where you get paid a ridiculously minute amount of money but it feels good, and 5) travel constantly.
5. List five things you do that help you relax: 1) Read, 2) listen to music, 3) write, 4)play computer games (sorry, I am a nerd!), & 5)drink. Nice and healthy there.